Table of Contents
2. Shinshin Toitsu Aikido (
1. Through training to unify the mind and body, to develop and nurture one'spotential (latent abilities).
3. Ki training.
1. Membership fee is required regardless of the member
Article 5. Membership Conditions and Classification
Article 6. Membership Requirements, Membership Fee, and Yearly Dues to Central (Head) Dojo
Article 7. Membership Fees
Article 8. Payment Method of Membership Fee On the Installment Plan
Article 9. Refund of Membership and Related Fees
Article 10. Member's Conduct and Behavior
Article 11. Regulations on the Use of the Dojo
Article 12. Responsibility for Accidents and Injuries
Article 13. Class Instruction
Article 14. Training Schedule
Article 15. Dojo Holidays
Article 16. Evaluations
Article 17. Withdrawing from the Dojo
Article 18. Expulsion
3. To contribute to the development and health of society.
4. To contribute to healthy upbringing of the young through education on unifying the body and mind.
2. Through ki training, to contribute to one's growth as an ideal human being.
This dojo is called
This dojo is located at 117-5 Matsunoki, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki-ken.
The main activities of this dojo are:
This dojo through the activities stated in Article 3 functions for the following purposes:
Because this dojo maintains a limit on the number of members, the membership contract period is set at one year starting from the day of enrollment; membership fee is a single annual payment. However, for children and students (of a regular educational institution) the enrollment date is set at April 1st. In this contact, membership period for the first year starts from the first day of the month of enrollment; from the second year, however, the contract period begins from April 1st in terms of one year. This contact is automatically renewed each year until a notice of withdrawal has been submitted by the member and processed by the dojo.
There are four types of membership (fees for types 3 and 4 cannot be paid in installment):
1. Regular Member: can attend regular classes only on fixed days.
2. Student Member: can attend regular classes only on fixed days.
3. Supporting Member: can attend regular classes regardless of the day of the week.
4. Special Member: can attend regular classes and 40 hours of special training in a year.
Membership is provided only to applicants who agree with the principles of the dojo, can follow the established rules of the dojo, and have entered into this contract.
1. After the applicant has submitted the membership application and fee, the applicant is qualified as a member only after receiving a membership card from the dojo.
2. After filling out the application form and contract, the applicant should submit their application together with membership and other related fees.
3. Applicants who are first year national members and transferring from another dojo will receive a discount on their membership fee.
4. The membership fee will not be returned if a member withdraws (quits) and is valid until membership is withdrawn by the dojo.
Only for the first year are annual dues for the central (head) dojo paid through this dojo.
Membership fee is a single annual payment. However, for those who wish to pay in installments, please submit an application for the payment in installments with your signature and personal stamp (
2. In the case of three or more family members enrolling in a regular class, if membership fee is paid in a single payment, a discount on the membership fee is available from the third family member.
3. For the families of Special or Supporting Members, a discount on the membership fee is also available if paid in a single payment.
If you choose to pay the membership fee in installments, you must one of the financial institutions (banks) designated by the dojo. Until arrangements for bank transfer are complete, the enrollee should make a single installment and also submit the designated form for bank transfer. Only once all arrangements for bank transfer are complete and confirmed will the dojo issue a membership card to the applicant.
Membership fee and other related fees will not be refunded for any reason.
All members while within the dojo are to obey the dojo rules and to follow the instructions of the dojo officers.
1. Always maintain order within the dojo and follow the class agenda.
2. Always maintain courteous, respectful, and pleasant relations with other members of the dojo.
For those who wish to
Responsibility for all accidents and injuries within the dojo or classroom resides with the parent or guardian in the case of child members, or with the member him/herself in the case of adult members.
Class instruction will be provided by the head of the dojo, or, if necessary, by a trained instructor from the Instructor Division.
A member can attend class during the designated class hours on his/her scheduled day(s) of the week. From April 1 until March 31, between 40 and 43 training days during the year will be provided for each day of the week. Due to restrictions on class size, however, a member cannot attend class on a substitute day if he/she will be absent on their regularly scheduled class day.
This dojo is closed during national holidays, days falling on the fifth week of the month, summer vacation, winter vacation, and during special events (for this dojo or the central dojo). If, however, at least 40 class days cannot be provided due to such holidays, certain holidays will be designated as class days to compensate.
Any member can choose to be evaluated according to set evaluation standards.
If a member wishes to withdraw from the dojo, the member must submit a completed Letter of Withdrawal together with (a) their membership card, (b) their retained portion of the membership contract, and (c) both this English translation and the Japanese original of the dojo rules, before the fifth day of the month before their membership contract ends. If a member has to withdraw before the end of his/her contract period and is still paying their membership fee on the installment plan, complete payment of the remaining installments will be required, and the formal date of withdrawal will be the ending date of the contract period. Only in the below three cases, however, are exceptions made and the remaining installments forgiven. (For members who paid their membership fee in a single full payment, a pro-rated amount will be refunded.). As proof, the member should submit a copy of any documentation certifying one of the three below cases. If the member does not submit such proof together with the above (a) - (c) documents, no exception will be made. All necessary documents must be submitted before the 5th of the month before the month of withdrawal.
1. In the case that the member cannot continue training due to school graduation or transfer.
2. In the case that the member cannot continue training due to job reassignment or relocation (moving) to another area.
3. The member, or an immediate family member, due to sickness or injury, is diagnosed as unable to recover within 30 days.
In the case that any member violates any dojo rule, or behaves in a manner unbecoming a dojo member, or brings disrepute or damage to the reputation of the dojo, the member may be expelled from the dojo. In such a case, the member loses all qualification for membership.
As necessary, additional rules or details to existing rules may be inserted into these dojo rules. Also, members will be kept informed of special events and schedules by means such as the dojo bulletin boards.
In the case this dojo is ever to permanently close for unexpected reasons, all members will be notified beforehand.
These dojo rules will be revised and enacted as appropriate. All members will be notified by means of the dojo bulletin boards before any revision to the dojo rules and its enactment. These dojo rules were last revised and enacted on January 1, 1993.